Proserpine is a town in Queensland, it is part of the Whitsundays
A Sugar Filled History Edit
The town started when it's first Sugar Mill was Constructed. Thanks to this the Sugar Industry grew and town became more populated. In fact, it was the largest growing regional town at the time. The Airport was Constructed in the 1950s and Peter Faust Dam was constructed in 1990. In 1996, the town crushed a record amount of Sugar Cane.
- Proserpine Show: Every year the Proserpine show is held on the 24-25 of June. It is situated at the Proserpine Showgrounds. It is similar to most Shows in Australia
- Harvest Festival: Generally held around the 20th October, it celebrates the ending of sugar crushing at the Sugar Mills. It includes Carnival rides and a parade throughout the Main Street
- Rotary Christmas Fair: Held around the 16th December, it of course is in celebration of Christmas. Main Street is closed off to cars as Stall Holders take to the streets. Most shops stay open late for increased business around this time.
- This year, Proserpine's airport will become an International one with flights from Auckland and Mainland China
- The Newspaper goes by two names, it's actual name, the Whitsunday Coast Guardian and what the locals call it, the Proserpine Guardian
- Proserpine is mentioned in the song "I've Been Everywhere Man"
|Template:Places in Australia|
|Northern Territory||Galiwinku . Nhulunbuy . Darwin . Tennant Creek . Alice Springs|
|Queensland||Hervey bay . Brisbane . Rockhampton . Sunshine coast . Airlie beach . Gold coast . Tweed heads . Weipa . Cairns . Palm Cove . Port Douglas . Cooktown . Coolangatta . Atherton . Ingham . Cardwell . Tully . Innisfail . Townsville . Bowen . Proserpine . Mackay . Sarina . Yeppoon and Emu Park . Kinka Beach . Zilzie . Gladstone . Tannum Sands . Birdsville . 1770 . Agnes Waters . Boulia . Four Ways|
|New South Wales||Sydney . Mt Kosciusko . Coffs Harbour . Central Coast . Newcastle . Broken Hill|
|Australian Capitol Territory||Canberra .|
|South Australia||Coober Pedy . Adelaide . Port Lincoln . Oodnadatta|
|Victoria||Melbourne . Echuca|
|Tasmania||Hobart . Launceston . Devonport . Burnie-Somerset . Strahan . Coles Bay . Bicheno . Queenstown . Port Arthur|
|Western Australia||Broome . Dampier . Perth|